Welcome back to school! The 2009 Annual Pioneer Pledge Drive kicks off on Monday, August 24th and ends on Friday, September 11, 2009.
The Annual Pioneer Pledge Drive is very important to Olivenhain Pioneer Elementary - the funds we collect during this 3 week period pay for teachers that the California budget has eliminated. These include music, science, technology, supplemental reading, supplemental math, and Extreme Lunch. Returning OPE families know how much these teachers and programs enrich our children's education and help to set OPE apart as one of the best elementary schools in the area.
We are targeting 100% participation this year, and are asking families to donate $250 for each child enrolled at OPE to cover the cost of these programs. Participation is even more important this year, as OPE's enrollment numbers are lower, yet our programs still cost the same. We thought long and hard about raising the requested amount, and decided not to - because we know that this is a difficult time financially for many families. We are hoping instead to exceed the participation levels from last year, and to increase the amount of donations from company matching, and friends/families. If you prefer, you may also make your donation online with your credit card and select a payment plan that will spread your payments out over time.
We will also have several exciting incentives this year for donating. For each $250 donation, you will be entered into a drawing for exciting prizes, and the sooner you make your donation, the more chances you have to win. Prizes will be announced on August 24th at the start of the Pledge Drive. One prize will be drawn at the end of each week. So get your pledge in early for 3 chances to win!
Consider this - a donation of $250 is less than the cost of a trip to Starbucks each day. Keeping these programs enriches our children's education and helps to keep OPE as a top-rated elementary school, thereby helping to protect our real estate values. Your donation is fully tax-deductible, and 95% of the money donated goes directly to these programs, the other 5% goes to the district wide grant program that also benefits OPE.
The pioneers of today, and the leaders of tomorrow....our children benefit from your donations.
Thank you in advance for your support!
Questions? Email Sara Vance at firstname.lastname@example.org